This holiday season is unlike any we've experienced: a global pandemic, limited or no family gatherings, restricted travel, increased video chats to stay connected and the cold temperatures that make you want to stay inside to enjoy the warmth. Extreme sadness and depression can manifest as we constantly adjust to this new way of life.
Self-care will be an important investment to help boost your mood as we move through these challenging times. Here are some simple self-care tips:
Did you know:
- Salmon is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that help the brain/nervous systems.
- Sweet Potatoes increase the production of serotonin (the "feel good" chemical) and carotenoid (an antioxidant) reduces depression symptoms.
- Nuts like almonds, pumpkin seeds and walnuts have zinc and magnesium that boosts the immune system.
- Aromatherapy is another way to lift your mood and maintain a healthy immune system. Adding essential oil (100% therapeutic grade) to a diffuser creates a serene environment - relaxing your mind and body. Scents like Lavender, Lemon, Tea Tree and Clove can be used individually or you can purchase a blended oil if you are new to oils.
- Epsom salt baths are a great way to relax and unwind from daily stress that weaken your immune system and increase the risk of infection and disease.
Check out our Bath & Shower collections to build your self-care arsenal.